We all need the occasional gentle reminder.
Unfortunately, some need more than the occasional gentle reminder.
Gentle reminders are all around us:
- No shirts, no service. (Not very subtle. Sad that some need to be reminded.)
- Buckle your seatbelt. It’s the law! (Once again, sad that some need to be reminded.)
- Drive carefully. Children at play.
- Reduce speed in construction zone.
- Turn cell phones off. (That’s a blog in itself. Oh wait, I did that already.)
- Express check out. 8 items or less. (Maybe a counting class rather than a reminder?)
- Return your shopping cart. (Did that one too.)
- No smoking.
- Remain seated until the plane has come to a complete stop.
For the considerate and conscientious these reminders are unnecessary. To others, they are giant font sized proclamations of what is expected in civil society and how to behave with respect for others.
Here’s my favourite gentle reminder: