Last week I Tweeted about a bidding war between a robin (there has to be a joke in there somewhere) and a little grey bird over this:
It’s a birdhouse for a robin that my father-in-law built for us. It has been in the corner of our deck for several years. Each year a robin has constructed a nest and allowed us to view from our living room the development of the babies.
In my Tweet (I’m still resisting the obvious joke) I said I was betting a case of worms that the robin would win.
- It had squatter rights.
- It was bigger.
- It had defiant body (bird?) language
After a few days of bidding this is what happened:
Yes, I hear your aaaahhhh. What a solution. It works for everyone.
There’s a lesson here for us:
- I may have been here first but I can help you.
- I may be bigger than you but I can help you.
- We may be different colours but that doesn’t matter.
- We can live in harmony.
- You watch my kids while I worm hunt and I’ll watch yours when you worm hunt.
- Double Decker anything (sandwiches, cake, buses, nests) are fun.
- Smile. Here comes the crazy human with the camera again.
Share your thoughts.