While joining my young rakers a few weeks ago. I paused to watch a flock of geese flying overhead. OK, I was looking for a reason to stop raking but the geese were truly inspiring. Honking examples of teamwork.
- They flew in formation. Each understood its place.
- They followed the leader.
- The strongest were at the front and dealt with the full force of the wind.
- The weaker and younger ones were drafting.
- As the leader became tired a more rested bird advanced to replace it.
- The leader knew when to rest and let another lead.
- It sounded like they were in constant communication
A few posts ago I wrote about what we can learn from penguins.